Cajeput is very sharp and spicy with hot, fiery top notes and a warm woody oriental undertone.
Cajuput Essential Oil
In Malay – “Caju – pute” means white tree and therefore the oil is often referred to as White Tree Oil, the tree grows very vigorously, mainly in the Malay, Thai and Vietnam regions, growing mainly on the shoreline. The tree reaches around 45 feet. Cultivation is not needed as removing a tree creates rapid re growth of the tree and it tends to crowd out all other trees in the area.
A penetrating oil with a very high pitch and sweet aroma… with herbaceous undertones.
Oils to Blend with
Angelica, Bergamot, Birch, Cardamom, Clove, Geranium, Immortelle, Lavender, Myrtle, Niouli, Nutmeg, Rose, Rosewood, Thyme
Malaleuca leucadendron Cajuputi
Malaleuca leucadendron Cajuputi (Cajuput) Leaf Oil
Steam Distilliation from the tree, leaves and twigs
Country of Origin
Terpineol (Alcohol), Benzaldehyde (Aldyhyde), Cineole (Ketone), Dipentene, Limonene, Pinene (Terpenes).
Cajuput is a very powerful oil and should be used with care. Very effective at stimulating and clearing the body but when over used can irritate the skin membrane and mucous membrane and cause headaches.
- Weight: 0.03 kg
- Blends Well With: most oils and especially bergamot, cloves, geranium, lavender, and thyme.
- Contraindications: Avoid during pregnancy, Not recommended for use with children, Not recommended for those that suffer with Asthma
- Country of Origin: Vietnam
- Latin Name: Malaleuca leucadendron
- Traditional Physical Properties: Promotes healthy circulation and perspiration aiding use for Fevers. Cajeput oil contains a chemical called cineole. When applied to the skin, cineole can cause surface warmth and irritation, which relieves pain beneath the skin.
- Part of Plant Used: Leaves & Twigs
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Scent: Fresh with a slightly fruity sent
- Key Benefits: Circulation Boost
- Traditional Emotional Use: Comforting
- Traditional Skin Use: General skin tonic that smoothes and brightens skin. Found in many antiseptic skin preparations and joint pain preparations
- Size: 10ml
- HS Code: 33011990
- HS Description: Cajeput essential oil
- HS Country: GB
- HS Composition: Viscous Liquid