A yellowy brown to orange viscous oil with a warm, sweet and pungent scent. Fresh and herbaceous top notes and earthy, dry woody undertones, excellent for dry and mature skin
Carrot Seed Essential Oil
Carrot Seed oil doesn’t come from the common carrot we all know and love, but from Wild Carrot. Wild carrot is an annual or biennial herb with a tough, inedible white root. The whole plant is used for the essential oil.
A light yellow to clear oil with warm, sweet and pungent scent. Fresh and herbaceous top notes and earthy, dry woody undertones.
Oils to Blend with
Carrot Seed blends well with most citrus and spicy oils. We like to blend Carrot Seed Oil with Bergamot, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Lime, Melissa, Neroli, Orange, Petitgrain, Rosemary, Verbena, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Geranium and Palmarosa.
Daucus carota (Carrot) Seed Oil
Steam distilled from the dried seeds
Country of Origin
Acetic (Acid), Carotol (Alcohol), Asarone (Phenol), Bisabolene, Limonene, Pinene (Terpenes).
A definite oil to avoid in pregnancy (along with our general advice to avoid all oils in pregnancy – this is one should be especially avoided).
- Weight: 0.03 kg
- Blends Well With: Most Citrus and Spicy Oils, as well as Bergamot, Lemon, Lime, Lavender, Cedarwood, Geranium
- Contraindications: Avoid During Pregnancy
- Country of Origin: France
- Latin Name: Daucus carota
- Traditional Physical Properties: Detoxifying, Muscular and Joint Pain
- Part of Plant Used: Seed
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Scent: Characteristic Carrot, Sweet and Pungent with herbaceous top note and earthy undertones
- Key Benefits: Detoxifying
- Traditional Emotional Use: Clearing
- Traditional Skin Use: Skin revitalisation, dermatitis and rashes
- Size: 10ml
- HS Code: 33011990
- HS Description: Carrot Seed Essential Oil
- HS Country: GB
- HS Composition: Viscous Liquid