A slightly spicy high note oil which add sophistication and useful detoxifying properties to blends
Dill Seed Essential Oil
Similar in appearance to Fennel, but lower in height, Dill Seed has feathery leaves and is said to originate from India. It has clusters of small yellow flowers with compressed fruits inside. The seed yields the oil through distillation.
A slightly spicy high note oil which add sophistication and useful detoxifying properties to blends.
Oils to Blend with
Blends well with Bergamot, Coriander, Cypress, Geranium, Mandarin, Orange, Petitgrain and Rosemary
Distillation from the seed
Country of Origin
Carvone (Ketone), Eugenol, Myristicin (Phenols), Limonene, Phellandrene, Terpinene (Terpenes).
Dill seed used to be used in old remedies to ease child birth, therefore this oil should definitely be avoided during the earlier stages of pregnancy..
- Weight: 0.03 kg
- Blends Well With: Bergamot, Nutmeg, Sweet Orange, Lime, Lemon
- Contraindications: Avoid During Pregnancy
- Country of Origin: Hungary
- Latin Name: Anethum graveolens
- Traditional Physical Properties: Calms headaches and reduces excess sweating. Helps with hiccups
- Part of Plant Used: Seed
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Scent: Spicy Top Note
- Key Benefits: Calming
- Traditional Emotional Use: Gripe water is often made from the fresh herb, but do not use the essential oil for this purpose as it is too strong
- Traditional Skin Use: N/A
- Size: 10ml
- HS Code: 33011990
- HS Description: Dill Seed Essential Oil
- HS Country: GB
- HS Composition: Viscous Liquid