Geranium Bourbon has a rich, rosy aroma often preferred by aromatherapists to other varieties of Geranium oil. A balancing effect on mind and body, particularly useful for menstrual problems.
Geranium Essential Oil
Oils to Blend with
Blends with virtually every other essential oil but favourites have to be Bergamot, Lavender, Basil, Rosemary, Black Pepper, Rose, Neroli, Sandalwood, Rosewood, Juniperberry, Lemon, Patchouli, Jasmine and Sweet Orange.
The essential oil is steam distilled from the flowers, leaves and stalks
Country of Origin
Geranic (Acid), Geraniol, Citronellol, Linalool, Myrtenol, Terpineol (Alcohols), Citral (Aldehyde), Methone (Ketone), Eugeneol (Phenol), Sabinene (Terpene).
As with all essential oils we do not recommend using Geranium during pregnancy, especially as it regulates the hormonal system. May cause irritation to sensitive skin
- Weight: 0.03 kg
- Blends Well With: Basil, Bergamot, Carrot Seed, Cedarwood, Citronella, Clary Sage, Grapefuit, Jasmine, Lavender, Lime, Neroli, Sweet Orange, Rosemary
- Contraindications: Avoid During Pregnancy
- Country of Origin: Madagascar
- Latin Name: Pelargonium roseum
- Traditional Physical Properties: Poor Circulation
- Part of Plant Used: Leaves & Flowering Tops
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Scent: Pronounced Green, Rosey scent
- Key Benefits: Skin Balancing
- Traditional Emotional Use: Uplifting, Homely
- Traditional Skin Use: Bruises, Burns, Cuts, Balancing to the skin - balancing between oily and dry
- HS Code: 33019090
- HS Description: Geranium essential oil
- HS Country: GB
- HS Composition: Viscous Liquid