An aromatic perennial with light, lemon, fresh, green herbal top notes and a soft, rosy and sweet floral undertones. Pelargonium graveolens is commonly known as Rose Geranium Oil
Geranium Essential Oil
This popular and attractive plant can be found round most of Europe. It is about 2 feet high and has small pink flowers, with serrated, pointed leaves. We have found the finest Geranium to be found in Madagascar.
An uplifting and strong smelling oil with a beautiful floral scent and gentle apple like undertones. Geranium oil that blends well with most essential oils.
Oils to Blend with
Blends with virtually every other essential oil but favourites have to be Bergamot, Lavender, Basil, Rosemary, Black pepper, Rose, Neroli, Sandalwood, Rosewood, Juniperberry, Lemon, Patchouli, Jasmine and Sweet Orange.
The essential oil is steam distilled from the flowers, leaves and stalks
Country of Origin
Geranic (Acid), Geraniol, Citronellol, Linalool, Myrtenol, Terpineol (Alcohols), Citral (Aldehyde), Methone (Ketone), Eugeneol (Phenol), Sabinene (Terpene).
As with all essential oils we do not recommend using Geranium during pregnancy, especially as it regulates the hormonal system. May cause irritation to sensitive skin
- Weight: 0.03 kg
- Blends Well With: Bergamot, Carrot Seed, Cedarwood, Citronella, Clary Sage, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lavender, Lime, Neroli, Orange, Rosemary
- Contraindications: Avoid During Pregnancy
- Country of Origin: Madagascar
- Latin Name: Pelargonium graveolens
- Traditional Physical Properties: Poor Circulation
- Part of Plant Used: Leaves & Flowering Tops
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Scent: Apple like undertones to floral
- Key Benefits: Uplifting / Homely
- Traditional Emotional Use: Uplifting, Homely
- Traditional Skin Use: Bruises, Burns, Cuts, Balancing to the skin - balancing between oily and dry
- HS Code: 33011990
- HS Description: Geranium Essential Oil
- HS Country: EG
- HS Composition: Viscous Liquid