Sharp, bitter and refreshing, Lime is an uplifting oil, that lifts blends and is useful in massage oils for depression and anxiety
Lime Essential Oil
A small evergreen tree with drooping branches and oval leaves, much like the lemon tree, but the fruits and tree tend to be much more green. The flowers are white. The lime is grown in many places in the world, originally from Asia, you will not found it cultivated in Italy, West Indies and the Americas.
Sharp and bitter sweet, the distilled oil gives a clean and fresh fragrance with green top notes and citrus undertones.
Oils to Blend with
Blends well with other Citrus Oils and also with Neroli, Lavender, Geranium, Ylang ylang, Rosemary, Cypress and Rosewood. Blended with Ylang Ylang is one of our favourite combinations.
Steam distilled from the semi ripe peel
Country of Origin
Linalool, Terpineol (Alcohols), Citral (Aldehyde), Linalyl acetate (Ester), Bergaptene (Lactone), Limonene, Pinene, Sabinene, Terpinoline (Terpenes).
As with all essential oils we recommend not using during pregnancy.
- Weight: 0.01 kg
- Blends Well With: Bitter Orange, Lavender, Clary Sage, Ylang Ylang
- Contraindications: Avoid During Pregnancy
- Country of Origin: Peru
- Latin Name: Citrus aurantifolia
- Traditional Physical Properties: Arthritis and Rheumatism blends
- Part of Plant Used: Peel
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Scent: Sharp and Bitter Sweet, with a Clean Fresh Fragrance
- Key Benefits: Uplifting Boost
- Traditional Emotional Use: Uplifting, Happiness
- Traditional Skin Use: Insect bites, Cellulite, Circulation Boost
- HS Code: 33011990
- HS Description: Lime Essential Oil
- HS Country: GB
- HS Composition: Viscous Liquid