The mountain pepper, a sweet, citrus fragrance with fruity & floral undertones, lift your spirits when you are low
Litsea Essential Oil
A small tree from asia with spicy fruits and fragrant leaves and flowers. Litsea is also known as May Chang or Mountain Spike Tree. It was in the 1950’s that the oil was first distilled from the pepper like fruits. Litsea is similar to Lemongrass, but a little less “fatty” and the scent doesn’t tend to linger as long as Lemongrass.
A sweet, citrus fragrance with fruity and floral undertones
Oils to Blend with
Blends well with other Citrus oils and also with Neroli, Lavender, Geranium, Ylang ylang, Rosemary Cypress and Rosewood. Blended with Ylang Ylang is one of our favourite combinations.
Steam distilled from the leaves and flowers
Country of Origin
Geraniol, Linalool (Alcohol), Citral, Citronellal (Aldehydes), Linalyl acetate (Ester), Cineole (Ketone), Cadinene (Sesquiterpene), Limonene, Sabinene (Terpenes).
As with all essential oils we recommend not using during pregnancy.
- Weight: 0.03 kg
- Blends Well With: Lavender, Lemongrass, Lemon, Pine, Fir
- Contraindications: Avoid During Pregnancy
- Country of Origin: China
- Latin Name: Litsea cubeba
- Traditional Physical Properties: Stimulating
- Part of Plant Used: Leaves & Flowering Tops
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Scent: A sweet, citrus fragrance with fruity and floral undertones
- Key Benefits: Toning
- Traditional Emotional Use: Refreshing
- Traditional Skin Use: Cleansing, Toning
- HS Code: 33013000
- HS Description: Litsea Essential Oil
- HS Country: GB
- HS Composition: Viscous Liquid