Smokey, gum like with musky twists and woody notes, strengthening, relieving and congestion clearing
Myrrh Essential Oil
Another of the famous biblical shrubs and a native of North Africa, Asia and Somalia. Its is shrubby small tree with wonderfully aromatic leaves and white flowers.
A smokey, gum like oil with musky twists and woody notes.
Oils to Blend with
Myrrh blends well with Frankincense (of course!), Benzoin, Clove, Galbanum, Lavender, Patchouli and Sandalwood.
As with frankincense, the oil is extracted by distillation of the resin which is obtained by making incisions in the bark
Country of Origin
Myrrholic (Acid), Cinnamic, Cuminic (Aldehydes), Eugenol (Phenol), Cadinene (Sesquiterpene), Pinene, Dipentene, Heerabolene, Limonene, (Terpenes).
As with all essential oils we recommend not using during pregnancy.
- Weight: 0.03 kg
- Blends Well With: Frankincense, Juniper, Lavender, Orange
- Contraindications: Avoid During Pregnancy
- Country of Origin: Middle East
- Latin Name: Commiphora myrhha
- Traditional Physical Properties: Coughs, Colds, Sore Throat, Congestion
- Part of Plant Used: Resin
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Scent: A smoky, gum like oil with musky twists
- Key Benefits: Sore Throat
- Traditional Emotional Use: Calming
- Traditional Skin Use: Anti-inflammatory
- HS Code: 33019090
- HS Description: Myrrh Essential Oil
- HS Country: GB