Light, Fresh and Spicy Top Notes with warm, woody undertones and excellent nerve tonic, uplifting and inspiring creativity and imagination
Nutmeg Essential Oil
Nutmegs look like small peaches and grow on trees up to 45ft tall. Their scent permeates the air where they grow.
Light and spicy, deep and warm with musky undertones it is a very rounded oil with a complete scent.
Oils to Blend with
Blends well with Clary Sage, though some precaution must be used with this blend. It also blends well with Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Clove, Coriander, Cypress, Frankincense, Lemon, Lime, Orange, Patchouli, Rosemary and Tea Tree.
The essential oil is obtained by water distillation of the dried nutmegs
Country of Origin
Borneol, Geraniol, Linalool, Terpineol (Alcohols), Eugenol, Myristicin, Safrole (Phenols), Camphene, Dipentene, Pinene (Terpenes)
As with all essential oils do not use during pregnancy. Always be cautious with Nutmeg, there is a valid place for Nutmeg in the aromatherapist’s cabinet of oils but over use may over excite the motor nerves which could cause mental discomfort, a lost sense of feeling and mental state of delirium. In over use in can also over stimulate the heart.
- Weight: 0.03 kg
- Blends Well With: Black Pepper, Cypress, Geranium, Clary Sage, Rosemary, Orange
- Contraindications: Avoid During Pregnancy
- Country of Origin: East Indies
- Latin Name: Myristica fragrans
- Traditional Physical Properties: Stimulating for heart and circulation, Anti-inflammatory pain relief, especially muscular aches and pains
- Part of Plant Used: Fruit
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Scent: Light, Spicy, Depp and Warm with Musky undertones
- Key Benefits: Aphrodisiac
- Traditional Emotional Use: Frees and Stimulates the mind, Sexual Freedom
- Traditional Skin Use: N/A
- HS Code: 33011990
- HS Description: Nutmeg Essential Oil
- HS Country: GB
- HS Compositon: Viscous Liquid