SWEET, HERBACEOUS TOP NOTES AND A SPICY UNDERTONE. STIMULATING AND HELPS AID CONCENTRATION
Organic Basil Essential Oil
A tender and aromatic herb which has small white or pink flowers. Basil is an annual herb with green leaves. The oil is often used in perfumery and is used in many skin, mind and body remedies.
Organic Basil has sweet green herbaceous top notes and a spicy – licorice / aniseed like undertones. Basil is primarily used for clearing the mind of worries and clutter and aiding concentration.
Oils to Blend with
Organic Basil blends well with most other herb based essential oils and also with lavender, geranium, Bergamot, lime, lemon, frankincense and pine.
Organic Basil oil is steam distilled from the leaves and the flowering tops.
Country of Origin
Linalool (Alcohol), Borneone, Camphor, Cineole (Ketones), Methylchavicol, Eugeneol (Phenols), Ocimene, Pinene, Slyvestrene (Terpenes).
Usually stimulating but has a stupefying effect when used in excess.
An emmenagogue so best to avoid in pregnancy (at naturallythinking we have a policy of avoiding all essential oils during pregnancy).
Basil can also irritate people with very sensitive skin, therefore caution should be taken with dosage levels
- Weight: 0.03 kg
- Blends Well With: Most herb oils and Lavender, Geranium, Bergamot, Lime, Lemon, Frankincense, Pine
- Contraindications: Avoid During Pregnancy, Avoid if you have Sensitive Skin, Use in Small Amounts
- Country of Origin: Egypt
- Latin Name: Ocimum basilicum
- Traditional Physical Properties: Stimulating
- Part of Plant Used: Leaves & Flowering Tops
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Scent: Sweet, Green, Herbaceous Top Notes with Liquorice / aniseed undertones
- Key Benefits: Mental Fatigue
- Traditional Emotional Use: Intellectual Fatigue, Indecision, Nervous Tonic, Protection, Emotion Clearing, Awakening, Uplifting, Strengthening
- Traditional Skin Use: Cleansing
- HS Code: 33012941
- HS Description: Organic Basil Essential Oil
- HS Country: GB
- HS Composition: Viscous Plant Oil