The aromatherapists favourite insect repellent, Organic Citronella is rich in the properties that repel insects
Organic Citronella Essential Oil (Certified by the Soil Association)
Organic Citronella leaf is a hardy grass which grows mainly in Indonesian and Asian countries. Formerly known as Andropogon nardus the plant grows to about 3ft with long slender leaves.
A slightly sweet and lemony, very top note based essential oil
Oils to Blend with
Bergamot, Cajuput, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Lavender, Neroli, Peppermint, Petitgrain, Sage and Ylang Ylang
Organic Citronella leaf oil is steam distilled from the dried grass. Steam distillation of the fresh grass uses large amounts of energy and yields a lower quality oil, so dried grass is the preferred method.
Country of Origin
Citronellic (Acid), Borneol, Citronellol, Geraniol, Nerol (Alcohol), Citral, Citronellol (Aldehyde), Camphene, Dipentene, Limonene (Terpenes).
Organic Citronella Essential Oil
Avoid getting Citronella in your eyes as it can sting intensely.
Rinse with plenty of clean,warm water if contact is made.
If using Citronella for its anti-bug and insect repellent effects then please make sure you keep out of reach of children.
- Weight: 0.03 kg
- Blends Well With: Bergamot, Cedarwood, Geranium, Lemon, Orange, Lavender, Pine
- Contraindications: Avoid During Pregnancy, Avoid if you have Sensitive Skin, Use in Small Amounts
- Country of Origin: China
- Latin Name: Cymbopogon nardus
- Traditional Physical Properties: Perspiration control, Controlling Oily Skin
- Part of Plant Used: Dried Grass
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Scent: A slightly sweet and lemony, very top note based essential oil
- Key Benefits: Insect Repellent
- Traditional Emotional Use: Mind Clarifying
- Traditional Skin Use: Insect repellent
- HS Code: 33012941
- HS Description: Citronella Essential Oil
- HS Country: GB
- HS Composition: Viscous Plant Oil