Palmarosa Essential Oil is recognisable with its Geranium like undertones, topped with a sweet, light, floral high notes, relaxing for muscles and nerves, fights depression and anxiety
Palmarosa Essential Oil
A fast spreading tall aromatic grass which has small flowers, but the oil is taken before the flowers are allowed to develop. The oil is also known as Gingergrass and East Indian Geranium.
Recognisable Geranium undertones, topped with sweet, light, floral high notes
Palmarosa is traditionall used to deal with nervous and mental exhausation. The natural properties of Palmarosa Essential Oil help to stimulate skin cell action and regulate the production of sebum levels in the skin. As a result Palmarosa brings moisturise and hydration to the skin and can help with general skin appearance.
Palmarosa Essential Oil is often used in massage oil blends to bring relief to stiff and sore muscles.
Oils to Blend with
The Rose / Geranium scent makes it easy to blend with many other essential oils but we especially like blending it with Bergamot, Citronella, Geranium, Jasmine, Lavender, Lime, Orange, Petitgrain, Rose, Rosewood, Sandalwood, Violet and Ylang Ylang. Unscrupulous essential oil dealers sometimes use an amount of Palmarosa in Rose to extend the Rose they get… such is the quality of Palmarosa.
Steam distilled from the fresh or dried grass. Dried grass gives the best yield.
Country of Origin
Geraniol, Citronellol, Farnesol (Alcohols), Citral, Citronella (Aldehydes), Geranyl acetate (Ester), Dipentene, Limonene (Terpenes).
As with all essential oils do not use during pregnancy.
- Weight: 0.03 kg
- Blends Well With: Geranium, Bergamot, Rosemary, Lime, Ylang Ylang
- Contraindications: Avoid During Pregnancy
- Country of Origin: India
- Latin Name: Cymbopogon martinii
- Traditional Physical Properties: Cooling, Digestive, Stiff Muscles
- Part of Plant Used: Dried Grass
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Scent: Recognisable Geranium undertones, topped with sweet, light, floral high notes
- Key Benefits: Skin elasticity
- Traditional Emotional Use: Uplifting, Muddled, Nervous exhaustion, Nervousness
- Traditional Skin Use: Palmarosa Essential Oil is noisturising, Balancing Hydration, Sebum balancing, Skin elasticity, Skin Infections, Athletes Foot
- HS Code: 33011990
- HS Description: Palmarosa Essential Oil
- HS Country: IN
- HS Composition: Viscous Liquid