The instantly recognisable hippy oil ~ Earthy, musky, herbaceous with sweet, spicy top notes. Euphoric, yet calming, grounding and balancing to the mind and senses
Patchouli Essential Oil
Patchouli is a bushy herb of the mint family, with erect stems, reaching two or three feet (about 0.75 meter) in height and bearing small, pale pink-white flowers. The plant is native to tropical regions of Asia
The instantly recognisable “hippy oil”. An earthy, musky, herbaceous base note gives way to a sweet and spicy top note. Unlike many essential oils, Patchouli matures with age.
Oils to Blend with
Patchouli blends well with many oils and when used in the correct quantities can bring a sophistication to the blend. Patchouli blends well with Bergamot, Black Pepper, Clary Sage, Elemi, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Lavender, Lemongrass, Myrrh, Neroli, Pine, Rose, Rosewood and Sandalwood.
The essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves. The younger leaves are used for the best scent.
Country of Origin
Patchoulol (Alcohol), Benzoic, Cinnamic (Aldehydes), Eugenol (Phenol), Cadinene (Sesquiterpene).
As with all essential oils do not use during pregnancy.
- Weight: 0.03 kg
- Blends Well With: Bergamot, Clary Sage, Geranium, Lavender, Myrrh
- Contraindications: Avoid During Pregnancy, Large Doses may cause a loss of appetite
- Country of Origin: Indonesia
- Latin Name: Pogostemon cablin
- Traditional Physical Properties: Deodourising, Water Retention
- Part of Plant Used: Leaves
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Scent: The instantly recognisable "hippy oil". An earthy, musky, herbaceous base note gives way to a sweet and spicy top note.
- Key Benefits: Cracked Skin
- Traditional Emotional Use: Grounding, Anxiety, Lethergy
- Traditional Skin Use: Tissue regenerating, acne, sores, ulcers, Rough and Cracked Skin
- HS Code: 33011990
- HS Description: Patchouli Essential Oil
- HS Country: GB