Peppermint with Minty, fresh top notes and chocolate associations, euphoric, cooling and uplifting
Mitcham Peppermint Essential Oil
This variety of Peppermint is what you associate with the peppermint found in chocolate and therefore has chocolaty undertones. Mitcham Peppermint is a fast growing perennial with herb with green stems and leaves and small white flowers. Mitcham Peppermint is the main kind of mind used in Aromatherapy. We also sell Mitcham Peppermint, which is a slightly different variety and more reminiscent of the scent you will find in Mint Chocolates.
Minty top notes, which are bright and fresh. Hints of camphor and grass fill the undertones and the association with cool is evident in the scent.
Oils to Blend with
Mitcham Peppermint can be used with many essential oil. Our favourite in a lot of blends is Lavender; two oils which would seem to contradict one another but instead work in absolutely synergy. As well as this peppermint blends well with Benzoin, Cedarwood, Cypress, Mandarin, Marjoram, Niaouli, Rosemary and Pine.
The essential oil is steam distilled from the flowering tops and leaves.
Country of Origin
Menthol (Alcohol), Methyl acetate (Ester), Carvone, Jasmone, Menthone (Ketones), Carvacrol (Phenol), Limonene, Phellandrene (Terpenes).
As with all essential oils do not use during pregnancy.
- Weight: 0.03 kg
- Blends Well With: Benzoin, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Marjoram, Lemon, Rosemary
- Contraindications: Avoid During Pregnancy, Avoid if you have Sensitive Skin, Use in Small Amounts. Do not use on children under 5
- Country of Origin: England
- Latin Name: Mentha piperita
- Traditional Physical Properties: Dry coughs
- Part of Plant Used: Leaves & Flowering Tops
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Scent: Minty top notes, which are bright and fresh. Hints of camphor and grass fill the undertones
- Key Benefits: Fatigue / Refresh
- Traditional Emotional Use: Mental fatigue. Stimulating, Aids concentration
- Traditional Skin Use: Relieves itching, Cooling
- HS Code: 33011990
- HS Description: Peppermint Essential Oil
- HS Country: GB