Rosehip oil has been clinically tested and shown to help minimise the appearance of wrinkles, smooth skin and dramatically improve skins moisture levels
Rosehip seed oil is extracted from the seeds of a native rose plant which grows wild in France.
Rosehip seed oil is truly an amazing product, which has only recently become recognized by the general public as an excellent skincare oil to use as part of your skincare regime.
This surge in popularity is for a good reason, as it is believed to be one of the best oil available for anti-aging and skin rejuvenation.
Rosehip seed oil contains Vitamin A Vitamin A helps to delay the effects of skin aging, assists with cell regeneration, and promotes collagen and elastin levels to increase. This results in firmer, smoother, and more youthful skin with greater elasticity.
Rosehip seed oil also contains a high amount of essential fatty acids and Vitamin E. Vitamin E promotes healthy skin and provides anti-oxidant effects.
In particular Rosehip oil is rich in linoleic and Linolenic acids, which are important skin nutrients.
Rosehip seed oil has traditionally been used for the following skin complaints.
- Stretch marks
- UV damage from overexposure to the sun
- Scars from surgery, burns, and acne
- Wrinkles and premature skin aging
- Burns, including those from radiation and sunburns
- Age spots
- Brittle nails
- Dry and damaged hair
Many of our customers use Rosehip to deal with stretch marks. It is best to massage the oil during pregnancy (without any essential oils for pregnancy safety and gently) and to continue massage into the affected areas after birth.
Excellent for dry, scaly fissured skin, dull skin.
Rosa canina (Rosehip) fruit Oil
Country of Origin
Average Shelf Life
12 – 18 months
Colour – Yellow with golden hue
Odour – Characteristic
Free Fatty Acids – 0.2
Peroxide Value – <0.3
Saponification Value – 186
Iodine Value – 178
Specific Gravity – 0.94pH- 4.32
Oleic – 15.9%
Palmitic – 3.5%
Linoleic – 44.8%
Linolenic – 33.4%
Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Essential Fatty Acids
Use alone for a wonderful stretch mark oil, however Rosehip has a slight chip fatty scent and therefore blend with Sweet Almond, Sea Buckthorn and Hemp to make a nicer scent and more luxurious stretch mark oil.
None recorded and as with all carrier oils (except St Johns Wort), safe to use during pregnancy. As with all nut based carrier oils, always use with caution on people with nut allergies.
- Weight: 0.15 kg
- Contraindications: N/A
- Country of Origin: France
- Latin Name: Rosa canina (Rosehip) fruit Oil
- Part of Plant Used: Fruit
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Scent: Characteristically Fatty
- Skin Properties: Rosehip seed oil contains Vitamin A Vitamin A helps to delay the effects of skin aging, assists with cell regeneration, and promotes collagen and elastin levels to increase. This results in firmer, smoother, and more youthful skin with greater elasti
- Key Benefits: Stretch Marks
- HS Code: 33049900
- HS Description: Rosehip oil for cosmetic use
- HS Country: FR
- HS Composition: Plant Oil