Herbal and Sharp in scent, Sage is Euphoric, Uplifting, Rejuvenating and brings life and Energy to skin treatments and aromatherapy blends
Sage Essential Oil
Sage grows well in England and has been associated with wisdom and ancient remedies. A perennial herb that normally grows up to 60cm high with a wood base and lovely soft almost sparkling blue/grey/green oval leaves. The flowers are blue to violet. The Romans believed it to be a cure for virtually everything.
Herbal, sharp smell with a watery viscosity. Sage is very penetrating in odour.
Oils to Blend with
Sage oil blends well with many oils… our personal favourite is to blend it with Lavender. It also blends well with Bergamot, Lemon and Rosemary.
Labiate or Lamiacae
Steam distillation from dried leaves
Country of Origin
Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool
As with all essential oils do not use during pregnancy.
- Weight: 0.03 kg
- Blends Well With: Lavender, Bergamot, Rosemary, Lemon
- Contraindications: Avoid During Pregnancy. Powerful and should be used with care and is easily a toxin. Do not use with epilepsy or high blood pressure
- Country of Origin: England
- Latin Name: Salvia officianalis
- Traditional Physical Properties: Wonderful for stiff muscles
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Scent: Herbal, sharp smell with a watery viscosity. Sage is very penetrating in odour.
- Key Benefits: Muscular Pain
- Traditional Emotional Use: Depression, Grief,
- Traditional Skin Use: Insect bites, dermatitis, reducing large skin pores
- HS Code: 33013000
- HS Description: Sage Essential Oil
- HS Country: GB
- HS Composition: Viscous Liquid