Sandalwood essential oils is Creamy, Woody and Earthy. Found in the finest perfumes and aftershaves it is mind calming, happiness inducing and encourages a state of peace & relaxation.
Sandalwood Essential Oil
Sandalwood is extracted from the evergreen tree baring the same name, both Indonesia and Australia have managed plantations for the cultivation and replanting of Indian Sandalwood.
Our Indian Sandalwood Essential Oil comes direct from our Australia partners where the managed plantations ensure the highest quality Indian Sandalwood. The Sandalwood production has recently been awarded EcoCert status.
The Key facts about our ethical Indian Sandalwood Essential Oil Supply
More trees are re-planted harvested and the plantation is a mixed-age plantation ensuring a long-term sustainable supply.
The genetics of the plantations are tested to ensure maintenance of a healthy and diverse population base.
Ongoing research and development and breeding program continuously improves the productivity of our plantations.
Part of a controlled global and legal sourcing initiative to secure global access to high quality sandalwood worldwide.
A very deep woody oil with Sweet tones to a creamy base.
Oils to Blend with
Basil, Benzoin, Black Pepper, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemon, Myrrh, Neroli, Palmarosa, Rose, Vetivert, Ylang Ylang.
Sandalwood Essential Oil Uses
Historically Sandalwood has been used to relax and calm, bringing harmony and reducing tension. It is typically found in blends for depression and busy lifestyles.
A favourite amongst singers and vocal performers, Sandalwood Essential oil is used to help clear the throat and is useful with chest complaints and dry coughs.
On the skin, Sandalwood is indicated for dry skin types and can typically be found in anti-ageing products.
The oil is distilled from all parts of the tree
Country of Origin
Santalol (Alcohol), Furfurol (Aldehyde), Santalene (Sesquiterpene)
As with all essential oils we do not recommend usage during pregnancy.
- Weight: 0.05 kg
- Blends Well With: Bergamot, Black Pepper, Sweet Orange, Geranium, Lavender, Myrrh, Rose, Ylang Ylang
- Contraindications: Avoid During Pregnancy
- Country of Origin: Australia
- Latin Name: Santalum album
- Traditional Physical Properties: Sore Throat
- Part of Plant Used: Leaves & Twigs
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Scent: A very deep woody oil with Sweet tones to a creamy base.
- Key Benefits: Anti-ageing
- Traditional Emotional Use: Nervous exhaustion, Stress, Feeling of Inner Peace
- Traditional Skin Use: Relieves itching, inflammation, Anti-ageing, Dehydrated skin, Skin Toning
- HS Code: 33011990
- HS Description: Sandalwood Essential Oil
- HS Country: GB