Fresh, Minty and Clean a Refreshing Mint which brings energy and vitality to blends. Blended with other oils, can be very perfume like
Spearmint Essential Oil
All varieties of Mint possess the same properties, though what makes Spearmint different is that it does not contain any Menthol and therefore does not have that characteristic cold feeling that is associated with Peppermint. The plant grows to about three feet with wrinkle and spiked leaves.
A sweeter version of Peppermint, with very characteristic scent.
Oils to Blend with
Basil, Grapefruit, Rosemary, Lavender
Steam distillation from the leaves
Country of Origin
Carvone, Cineole (Ketones), Caryophyllene (Sesquiterpene), Limonene, Myrcene, Phellandrene (Terpenes)
Avoid use if using homeopathic remedies as it can cancel out homeopathy. Use only in very low dose as Spearmint can be over powering.
Avoid use around the eyes, to avoid weepy eyes.
As with all essential oils, we do not recommend usage during pregnancy.
- Weight: 0.03 kg
- Blends Well With: Basil, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Rosemary, Jasmine
- Contraindications: Avoid During Pregnancy
- Country of Origin: USA
- Latin Name: Mentha spicata
- Traditional Physical Properties: Muscle Aches & Pains
- Part of Plant Used: Leaves
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Scent: Sweeter than Peppermint a Minty, Sophisticated Scent
- Key Benefits: Fatigue / Stress
- Traditional Emotional Use: Headaches, Emotional Strain, Fatigue, Stress
- Traditional Skin Use: Cleansing - Less irritating to the skin than Peppermint, making it more suitable for use with children
- HS Code: 33011990
- HS Description: Spearmint Essential Oil
- HS Country: GB