A sweet and strong herbal scent with smoky and earthy undertones, grounding, calming and stabilising, beautiful when blended with floral oils
Vetivert Essential Oil
Vetivert is a wild grass and the best Vetivert is grown in Java, where it thrives naturally. The oil comes from the root… the older the root being, the higher the quality of the oil.
A sweet and strongly herbal fragrance with smoky and earthy undertones which is easily recognisable
Oils to Blend with
Although most essential oils blend well together, vetiver oil blends particularly well with benzoin, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender and ylang-ylang.
Country of Origin
Benzoic (Acid), Vetiverol (Alcohol), Furfurol (Aldehyde), Vetivone (Ketone), Vetivene (Sesquiterpene).
As with all essential oils, at Naturallythinking we recommend not using essential oils during pregnancy.
- Weight: 0.03 kg
- Blends Well With: Benzoin, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Rose
- Contraindications: Avoid During Pregnancy
- Country of Origin: Java
- Latin Name: Vetiveria zizanioides
- Traditional Physical Properties: Aches Pains, Physical Exhaustion
- Part of Plant Used: Root
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Scent: Earthy, Musty Scent, Damp Wood with Earthy Undertone
- Key Benefits: Insomnia / Anger
- Traditional Emotional Use: Mental fatigue, Insomnia, Soothes the mind, Eases anger, Reduces Irritability
- Traditional Skin Use: Calming and Soothing
- HS Code: 33011990
- HS Description: Vetivert Essential Oil
- HS Country: GB