Pumpkin Spice Shower Gel a superb skin moisturising shower gel, made with Organic Pumpkins from our friends at Sutton Community Farm
Using a blend of 4 fantastic, organically grown Pumpkin varieties our Pumpkin Spice Shower Gel combines the rich nourishing skin properties of Pumpkin, with Orange, Cinnamon and Clove for a true winter warming, spicy delight of a shower gel, that will leave you feeling warm and loved whilst your skin is protected from the extremes of autumn and winter weather.
There are no synthetics in our Pumpkin Spice Shower gel, we extract the goodness direct from the Pumpkin for maximum skin loving effect.
What is Special about Pumpkin for your skin?, Pumpkin skin properties
Pumpkin contains a lot of amazing properties that benefit the skin in many different ways. The following look at different skin properties of Pumpkin.
Pumpkin seed is rich in omega 3- and 6- fatty acids as well as antioxidants, therefore it has tremendous benefits for the skin in terms of retaining moisture, fighting free radicals and maintaining a youthful appearance.
The high amounts of zinc and vitamin E also improve skin tone, help wounds heal more rapidly, fight acne and help with skin renewal. Lastly, many of the minerals and vitamins have anti-aging effects as well.
- Pumpkin is packed with fruit enzymes and alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), which increase cell turnover, to brighten and smooth the skin.
- Carotenoids: Alpha-carotene, beta-carotene and other carotenoids are the protective antioxidants that are also responsible for giving pumpkins their bright orange hue. Vegetables that are a good source of carotenoids can help to reverse UV damage and improve skin texture.
- Pumpkin contains antioxidant Vitamin A and Vitamin C to help soften and soothe the skin and boost collagen production to prevent the signs of aging.
- Zinc in pumpkin seeds is brilliant for acne sufferers. Zinc will help control the hormone level and oil production, as well as assist with healing of the skin.
- Pumpkin seeds are high in essential fatty acids and Vitamin E, which are necessary to maintain good barrier function of the skin. They also regulate sebum, great for an oily skin.
- The molecular structure of pumpkin is small and therefore can penetrate deeper into the skin when used topically. This is amazing for treating a dull complexion, ageing skin and pigmentation.
Production of our Pumpkin Spice Shower Gel, maintaining the pumpkin skin properties
We extract the goodness from pumpkins by mechanical extraction, using industrial scale juicers and pulping machines, to create a usable form of Pumpkin that is extracted without the use of heat, to achieve the maximum pumpkin skin properties.
Our extract is then coated in Vegetable glycerine, to naturally preserve the extract whilst we combine it with natural glucosides and esters. Cinnamon from Madagascar and Enchanting Clove from Indonesia bring warmth to your body and a comforting sense of well-being.
Images of the Production of Naturallythinking Pumpkin Spice Shower Gel will appear next week.