Basil Essential Oil is Sweet with herbaceous top notes and a spicy undertone. Stimulating and helps aid concentration
Basil Essential Oil
A tender and aromatic herb with small white flowers grown and extracted in Egypt where the soil and climate give a uniquely herbaceous and sweet note. Basil Essential Oil is an annual herb with green leaves. The oil is often used in perfumery and is used in many skin, mind and body remedies.
Basil Essential oil has sweet green herbaceous top notes and a spicy – licorice / aniseed like undertones.
Basil Essential Oil is primarily used for clearing the mind of worries and clutter and aiding concentration.
Oils to Blend with
Basil Essential Oil blends well with most other herb based essential oils and also with lavender, geranium, bergamot, lime, lemon, frankincense and pine.
Ocimum basilicum (Basil) leaf oil
Labiate or Lamiacaeae
Basil Essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves and the flowering tops.
Country of Origin
Linalool (Alcohol), Borneone, Camphor, Cineole (Ketones), Methylchavicol, Eugeneol (Phenols), Ocimene, Pinene, Slyvestrene (Terpenes).
Usually stimulating but has a stupefying effect when used in excess.
An emmenagogue so best to avoid Basil Essential Oil in pregnancy (at naturallythinking we have a policy of avoiding all essential oils during pregnancy).
Basil can also irritate people with very sensitive skin, therefore caution should be taken with dosage levels
- Weight: 0.1 kg
- Blends Well With: Other herbal oils, Lavender and Citrus oils
- Contraindications: Avoid during pregnancy
- Size: 10ml
- Country of Origin: Egypt
- Latin name: Ocimum basilicum
- Traditional Physical Properties: Muscle Warming
- Part of Plant Used: Basil Essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves and the flowering tops.
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Scent: Warm, Fresh, Sweet and Floral
- Key Benefits: Stimulating, Clarifying and Uplifting
- Traditional Skin Use: Stimulating and Clarifying
- Traditional Emotional Use: Basil Essential Oil is primarily used for clearing the mind of worries and clutter and aiding concentration.
- HS Code: 33019090
- HS Description: Basil Essential Oil
- HS Country: GB
- HS Composition: Viscous Plant Oil