A strong, spicy and herbaceous aroma, Bay Leaf Essential Oil is a traditional hair tonic and used for general aches and pains
Bay Leaf Essential Oil
Bay Leaves have a long and noble history. The ancient Romans and Greeks used to make crowns out of true Bay Leaves to crown great and accomplished people. These great people usually included kings, war heroes and Olympians.
Although a native of Asia Minor, the Laurus Nobilis tree can be found in the Mediterranean owing to its partiality for warm climates. This is generally referred to as Mediterranean Bay Leaf. The Bay leaf tree is an evergreen tree that grows up to a height of 12m. The growth rate is very slow. A mature bay leaf is approximately 5cm wide and 10 cm in length.
Sweet and Spicy with herbaceous toners.
Oils to Blend with
Bay Leaf blends well with woods and the more citrus / fresh type oils. Good blending oils are Cedarwood, Coriander, Eucalyptus, Ginger, Juniperberry, Lavender, Lemon, Marjoram, Orange, Rose, Rosemary, Thyme and Ylang Ylang
Laurus nobilis (Bay) Leaf Oil
The oil is steam distilled from the leaves of the Laurus nobilis Tree
Country of Origin
Geraniol, Linalool, Terpineol (Alcohols), Cineole (Ketone), Eugenol (Phenol), Phellandrene, Pinene
The oil should be used very sparingly due to it’s high eugenol content.
The Romans often bathed in Bay Leaves to purify the skin, a low dose in Carrier oil is best used in the bath.
When used for hair treatment, once again, keep Bay in low dose to your other oils to avoid scalp irritation.
Never use during pregnancy.
- Weight: 0.1 kg
- Blends Well With: Bay Leaf blends well with woods and the more citrus / fresh type oils. Good blending oils are Cedarwood, Coriander, Eucalyptus, Ginger, Juniperberry, Lavender, Lemon, Marjoram, Orange, Rose, Rosemary, Thyme and Ylang Ylang
- Contraindications: 10ml
- Size: 10ml
- Country of Origin: Spain
- Latin name: Laurus nobilis
- Traditional Physical Properties: Skin Health, high in antioxidants, aches, pains, Immune System, Healthy hair
- Part of Plant Used: Leaves
- Key Benefits: traditional hair tonic and used for general aches and pains
- Scent: Strong, Spicy, Herbaceous
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Traditional Emotional Use: Insomnia, Stress, Relaxing,
- Traditional Skin Use: High in antioxidants helps revitalise the skin
- HS Code: 33019090
- HS Description: Bay Leaf Essential Oil
- HS Country: GB