Decyl glucoside has excellent foaming capacity and good dermatological compatibility. Vegetable Origin and Palm Free
Decyl glucoside is an non-ionic surfactant that can be used as a foaming agent, conditioner or emulsifier. Decyl glucoside has excellent foaming capacity and good dermatological compatibility. Therefore it is suitable for use as a base surfactant or a co-surfactant in cosmetic surfactant cleansing preparations.
Decyl glucoside is derived from Coconut and has an excellent and stable foam. It allows the combination of other ingredients (oils and additives). Decyl glucoside can be used alongside other glucosides to enhance the foam and skin conditioning properties. Decyl glucoside can also be used in ionic formulations to add foam depth and emulsifying properties.
Vegetable and Fruit Sugars
How to use
Blend with other surfactants to produce a foaming product with skin cleansing abilities. Works excellently blended with Cocamidipropyl betaine.
Recommended Usage Level
10% – 20% (Face Wash)
15% – 30% (Shower Gel / Bath Foam / Shampoo)
Maximum Usage Level
Products to Use in
- Shower Gel
- Face Wash
- Bath Foam
At pure usage levels it can cause irritation to the skin.
When blending always take the following precautions:
- Use gloves (disposable are ideal)
- Take care when handling hot oils
- Wear eye protection
- Work in a well ventilated room
- Keep ingredients and hot oils away from children
- If ingested, seek immediate medical advice
- If contact made with eyes, rinse immediately with clean warm water and seek medical advice if in any doubt.
In addition to our precautions and general safety information, we always recommend keeping a first aid kit nearby. You are working with hot water and oils, accidents can happen, so always be prepared!
- Weight: 0.18 kg
- Skin Type: All Skin Types
- Size: 125g
- HS Code: 29389090
- HS Description: Decyl glucoside for cosmetic use
- HS Country: GB
- HS Composition: Viscous Liquid