A sweet, lemon like, fresh top note with warm, floral and balsamic undertones. The Happy Oil, that brings sunshine and happiness
Bergamot Essential Oil
The Bergamot tree is a native of Southern Italy and produces small inedible (due to the sourness) fruits. The fruits ripen from Green to Yellow. Bergamot is seen as the king of all essential oils, being used in skin care products and perfumes for decades.
A sweet and lemony fresh top note with a warm, floral and balsamic undertone. A favourite with aromatherapists and oil burners for the uplifting and fresh scent and positive mind attributes.
Bergamot is the classic oil found in Early grey tea, which gives Earl Grey its distinctive flavour and therapeutic effects.
Oils to Blend with
Bergamot is very versatile in its blending and will go with most essential oils. It blends very well with other citrus oils as well as floral oils. We like blending Bergamot with Cypress, Sandalwood, Juniperberry, Coriander, Black Pepper, Ginger, Clary Sage, Rosemary and Frankincense.
Citrus bergamia (Bergamot) Leaf Oil
When the fruit is nearly ripe, is the best time to harvest the bergamot. The oil is expressed from the nearly ripe fruit.
Country of Origin
Linalool, Nerol, Terpineol (Alcohols), Linalyl acetate (Esther), Bergaptene (Lactone), Dipentene, Limonene (Terpenes).
The Bergamot Essential we sell at Naturallythinking has the Bergapetene removed for safety (this is the FCF declaration in the name) and therefore it is safe for use in sunlight, although we do not recommend using in direct sunlight.
Bergamot can has a calming, but euphoric effect on the senses and therefore we do not recommend burning when consuming alcohol.
Bergamot can irritate very sensitive skin.
Never use during pregnancy.
- Weight: 0.03 kg
- Blends Well With: Citrus and Floral Oils, Cypress, Sandalwood, Juniperberry, Coriander, Black Pepper, Ginger, Clary Sage, Rosemary, Frankincense
- Contraindications: Avoid during pregnancy, Do not use if you have very sensitive skin, Use no more than 3 drops in the bath
- Country of Origin: Italy
- Latin Name: Citrus bergamia
- Traditional Physical Properties: N/A
- Part of Plant Used: Fruit
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Scent: A sweet, lemon like top note
- Key Benefits: Refreshing / Uplifting
- Traditional Emotional Use: Uplifting, Positive, Cheerful and Happy Oil, Warming on a Winters Day, Useful in recovery after convalescence, Useful for anxiety
- Traditional Skin Use: Refreshing, Cleansing
- Size: 10ml
- HS Code: 33011990
- HS Description: Bergamot Essential Oil
- HS Country: GB