Camphor Essential Oil is a distinctive and powerful oil associated with cleansing of the sinus and nasal passage in vapour treatments
Camphor Essential Oil
Extracted from the Cinnamomum camphora of the Lauraceae family, Camphor is an excellent oil an aromatherapy, clearing the nasal passage. The camphor tree grows up to 35 meters (over 100ft!) in height, with many of the oil producing trees in excess of 50 years old.
A distinctive and powerful oil which is associated with cleansing of the sinus’s in vapour treatments. Camphor essential oil is balancing to the body and can create a feeling of Euphoria by releasing tension and congestion, creating a sense of Freedom.
Always use carefully as it is a very powerful oil, but Camphor is an essential part of any Aromatherapy collection.
Oils to Blend with
Angelica, Bergamot, Birch, Cardamom, Clove, Geranium, Immortelle, Lavender, Myrtle, Niouli, Nutmeg, Rose, Rosewood, Thyme
Cinnamomum camphora (Camphor) Bark Oil
Steam distillation of the chipped wood and branches
Country of Origin
Camphor (Ketone), Safrole (Phenol), Borneol (Alcohol), Camphene (Terpene), Borneo: Borneol (Alcohol), Pinene, Camphene, Dipentene (Terpenes).
A powerful oil, very stimulating. Overdosing could cause convulsions and vomiting. Should be avoided in pregnancy and by people suffering from epilepsy and asthma.
- Weight: 0.03 kg
- Blends Well With: Citrus oils, eucalyptus, lavender, rosemary, spice oils
- Contraindications: Avoid during pregnancy, Not for use with children, Not for application to broken skin, Do not heat
- Country of Origin: Indonesia
- Latin Name: Cinnamomum camphora
- Traditional Physical Properties: Osteoarthritis, a rub-on cream containing camphor, glucosamine sulfate, and chondroitin sulfate seems to reduce the severity of symptoms of osteoarthritis by about half. Researchers believe it is probably the camphor. Camphor is FDA-approved as a che
- Part of Plant Used: Leaves & Twigs
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Scent: Sharp, camphoraceous, woody undertone
- Key Benefits: Uplifting / Clearing
- Traditional Emotional Use: Uplifting
- Traditional Skin Use: Skin itching and irritation (in the US, FDA approved for use 3 - 11%),
- Size: 10ml
- HS Code: 33019090
- HS Description: Camphor Essential Oil
- HS Country: GB