A fresh and clean citrus scent… with lemon hints and a wood like, spicy, balsamic undertones. Mind Cleansing, Body Refreshing and Uplifting
Frankincense Essential Oil
Also known as oilibanum the tree originates from the Middle East. It is a small shrubby tree with much biblical background and significance. The tree produces small white flowers.
A fresh citrus type scent… with lemon tones and a woody, spicy balsamic undertones.
Oils to Blend with
Frankincense blends well with most woods and floral’s and is a very versatile oil in blends. Frankincense also blends well with Basil, Black Pepper, Galbanum, Geranium, Grapefruit, Lavender, Orange, Melissa, Patchouli, Pine and Sandalwood.
Incisions are made into the bark which releases a white milky resin. When left this turns hard into an orangey brown resin which is then steam distilled into the essential oil.
Country of Origin
Cadinene (Sesquiterpene), Camphene, Dipentene, Pinene, Phellandrene (Terpenes), Oilibanol (Alcohol).
As with all essential oils we do not recommend using Frankincense essential oil during pregnancy.
- Weight: 0.01 kg
- Blends Well With: Lemon, Sandalwood, Lavender, Myrrh, Pine, Orange, Beragmot
- Contraindications: Avoid During Pregnancy
- Country of Origin: Somalia
- Latin Name: Boswellia carterii
- Traditional Physical Properties: Helps clear the lungs at times of shortness of breath
- Part of Plant Used: Resin
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Scent: Fresh, Citrus like with woody, spicy, balsamic undertones
- Key Benefits: Regenerative
- Traditional Emotional Use: Soothes and Calms the mind, promoting a "it will be ok" tomorrow mentality. Useful for meditating
- Traditional Skin Use: Rejuvenating and Regenerating for the skin
- HS Code: 33012590
- HS Description: Frankincense Essential Oil
- HS Country: GB
- HS Composition: Viscous Liquid