An intense, sweet, woody, camphorous top note oil with warm and spicy herbal undertones.
Hyssop Essential Oil
Lovely purple flowers which can be found on these two feet growing plants. Very popular with insects and bees. The plant has hairy, woody stems with slender green leaves.
The aroma is very similar to Rosewood and can be used as an ethical alternative to Rosewood.
Oils to Blend with
Hyssop blends well with virtually all herb and citrus oils. It also goes well with Lavender, Myrtle, Bay Leaf and Geranium.
The essential oil is steam distilled from the flowering tops and leaves.
Country of Origin
Borneol, Linalool (Alcohols), Camphor, Pincoamphone, Thujone (Ketones), Cadinene (Sesquiterpene), Camphene, Pinene (Terpene)
As with all essential oils we recommend not using during pregnancy, however with Hyssop, there is no value judgement… simply do not use it in pregnancy. Hyssop is a very potent oil and people suffering from high blood pressure or epilepsy should avoid.
- Weight: 0.03 kg
- Blends Well With: Clary Sage, Geranium, Orange, Mandarin, Tangerine, Melissa, Rosemary
- Contraindications: Avoid During Pregnancy
- Country of Origin: Israel
- Latin Name: Hyssopus officianalis
- Traditional Physical Properties: Helps raise low blood pressue
- Part of Plant Used: Leaves & Flowering Tops
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Scent: Sweet and Warm scent
- Key Benefits: Bruises / Fatigue
- Traditional Emotional Use: Anxiety, Fatigue and Exhaustion
- Traditional Skin Use: Warming, Bruise Healing
- HS Code: 33011990
- HS Description: Hyssop Essential Oil
- HS Country: GBR
- HS Composition: Viscous Liquid