Detoxifying, Cleansing, Rereshing. Rich top notes with smoky, balsamic undertones that blend beautifully with floral essential oils to create perfume like scent with detoxifying effect
Juniperberry Essential Oil
Growing to about 6ft, Juniper is an evergreen shrub. The shrub can grow to around 30ft when left alone in the wild. The shrub is found in many parts of the world and has needle type leaves with greenish-yellow flowers and small berries
Clean, fresh turpentine like top notes with a smoky, balsamic, woody and peppery undertone. Juniperberry is a refreshing oil.
Since ancient times, juniper has been used by every culture for purifying and ritual cleansing, especially in temples. It was often burned to ward off evil spirits and the plague.
Juniper extract is believed to help increase epidermal cell turnover and thus there are some indications that it could also be beneficial for cellulite treatment.
The plant has been reported as diuretic, having anti-inflammatory properties, antifungal activity, analgesic activity, hepatoprotective activity, antidiabetic and antihyperlipidemic activity, antimicrobial activity, antioxidant activity , antihypercholesterolemic activity, antibacterial activity. anticataleptic activity, and has traditionally been used as astringent.(1)
Oils to Blend with
Juniperberry blends well with other woods and citruses and also with Benzoin, Bergamot, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, Orange, Lemongrass, Lime, Melissa, Rosemary and Sandalwood.
Steam distilled from the crushed and partly dried berries
Country of Origin
Borneol, Terpineol (Alcohols), Cadinene, Cedrene (Sesquiterpenes), Camphene, Mercene, Pinene, Sabinene (Terpenes).
As with all essential oils we recommend not using during pregnancy.
- Weight: 0.03 kg
- Blends Well With: Cedarwood, Cypress, Clary Sage, Geranium, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lavendin, Bergamot, Orange, Lime, Lemongrass
- Contraindications: Avoid During Pregnancy, Avoid use if you have kidney problems
- Country of Origin: Macedonia
- Latin Name: Juniperus communis
- Traditional Physical Properties: Rheumatism, Gout
- Part of Plant Used: Fruit
- Purity: 100% Pure
- Scent: Clean, Fresh Turpentine Top Notes with Smoky, Balsamic, Woody, Peppery undertone
- Key Benefits: Fluid Retention
- Traditional Emotional Use: Mental exhaustion
- Traditional Skin Use: Decongestant, Cellulite, Fluid Retention, Weeping eczema
- HS Code: 33011990
- HS Description: Juniperberry Essential Oil
- HS Country: GB
- HS Composition: Viscous Liquid